I know it can be difficult to catch up to a new blog, so if you are new here, I hope this helps get you up-to-date! Be sure to check out Estella’s page and my own if you want to know more about us. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask!
- I purchased Estella in May of 2013 as an almost-2-year-old. Since then, we have primarily done groundwork.
- In June of 2014 I rode her for the first time, but shortly after she was “diagnosed” with EPM. She never completely recovered, so we spend the rest of 2014 trying to improve her lack of muscle and lameness.
- In January of 2015 I had a new vet look at her, who performed a spinal tap which showed she never had EPM. It has since been determined that her issues were a result of a vitamin E deficiency and hock arthritis.
- As of March 2015, we treated her for both issues and saw a huge improvement!
- In July of 2015 we made a big move from Ohio to North Carolina! It took us a while to settle in, but we both love it here!
- As of November 2015, we are finally getting consistent rides under saddle and have started off-the-farm trail riding!
- 2016 was a year of change! We outgrew Parelli and started exploring calmness, awareness, and growth in all areas.
- In March of 2016 we took a class with Anna Marciniak of OneHorseLife and in June I even visited her in Poland!
- In November of 2016 we started Straightness Training to expand our physical awareness.