If all goes well, within the week Estella will be HOME! It’s still a little incomprehensible at the moment, but the more we get done the more real it seems.
This past weekend was the epitome of a productive weekend; I am so grateful for all of the wonderful men in my life who have come together to make this dream possible. It wouldn’t be possible without them! Everyone chipped in and we accomplished:
- Finishing the living room paint
- Finishing the reading room (really a dining room but really who has those anymore) paint
- Finishing our bedroom paint
- Painting the closet
- Cleaning all of the windows, inside and out
- Cleaning all of the kitchen cabinets
- Putting shelf paper in most cabinets (if anyone ever asks me to do this again I will come unglued)
- Moving most of our furniture in
- Hanging gates on the driveway (now our entire property is fenced in)
- Buying lots of necessities for bringing Estella home
- Hooking up the charger for the electric fence
And most importantly… .
- Running electricity and water out to my barn!!!!!
I am still in disbelief that all of that was accomplished in one long weekend. This means that we are almost ready to move in ourselves and we are that much closer to Estella coming home! The immediate to do list is now:
- Get the stalls ready (buckets/sawdust)
- Run one strand of fence tape in the section that it is missing
- Move our beds/appliances/last minute things
- Have the kitchen and mud room sink drains fixed
That’s really all that’s needed for us to move in and that is so relieving! I know that part of being a home (and especially farm) owner means a never-ending to-do list, but once the stress of getting everyone moved is over, it will be so much more manageable!
And now for an overwhelming amount of photos: